Here’s Everything You Would Like To Know About Shahrah-e-Faisal
By : Khurram ZulfiqarJanuary 12, 2018 Inspire
It’s a known fact that Karachi is a social and financial hub of Pakistan. This city of lights has a population of more than 20 million. It’s home to numerous multinational companies, banks, and business establishments.
There’s one specific road that connects every area in Karachi. Yes, we’re talking about symbolic and iconic Shahrah-e-Faisal. It is the busiest roads in Karachi and has skylines located on its sides.
Here’re some of the stunning pictures and facts about Shahrah-e-Faisal:
1. The famous road is 18 kilometers long. It starts from Airport and ends at Avari Tower.
2. The road passes through big com companies and businesses hubs and is essential to the economy of the city.
3. According to an estimate, 0.25 million vehicles pass through Shahrah-e-Faisal daily.
4. It had a different name. The name Shahrah-e-Faisal was given to this road after the Islamic summit held in Lahore in 1974.
5. The road used to be a part of National Highway in the 1970s and therefore belonged to the Government of Sindh.
The government of Sindh transferred it to the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation in the 1980s.
6. It is surrounded by thousands of trees and hundreds of electric poles.
7. Shahrah-e-Faisal has been a part of Karachi since before Pakistan was born.